Shakshuka with Chorizo
A richly spiced breakfast or brunch perfect for entertaining.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g Ziggys Smoked Chorizo Sausages, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 x 400g cans Fiamma diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- In a large heavy sauce pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, onion and 1/2 tsp salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until onions are golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, paprika, cumin and chili flakes. Stir through and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/2 tsp salt and the pepper, cooking for 10 minutes, uncovered and stirring frequently. All the sauce to thicken and flavours to combine.
- Using the back of a spoon, carefully create a well in the sauce and crack and egg into it. Gently push the tomato sauce over the edges of the egg white to contain it. Repeat for the remaining three eggs, making sure they are evenly spaced within the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the shakshuka for about 10 minutes, uncovered until the egg whites have set and yokes are stilll soft.
- Divide the shakshuka among for bowls. Season the eggs and garnish with the coriander.
- Serve immediately with fresh crusty bread.